Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Thoughts

I turn 28 today. :)

It feels brilliant to be this old, because I am doing exactly what I want to do (and I had thought that it would take years more to feel this way). Geoff and I are so blessed; we travel, we love our jobs, and at the end of the day, we are still saving money! I also have no doubt that Geoff is the person I want to spend a really long time with, and when we look back on the four years that we have already shared and look ahead at the life that we hope to still build together, it astounds me just how blessed we are.

So, I am turning 28, and I feel absolutely, utterly fantastic.

-----------------

...On a not-so-fabulous tangent, yesterday I stepped through mud on the way to school, and by the time I had realized this, it was way too late. (Why was there mud right outside of the school, even though it hadn't been raining??) So, the entire back of my long WHITE skirt was covered in mud stains, along with my legs. Yikes for a first impression upon the kids.

That was non-fab. Fortunately, my skirt had a lot of folds (it's a convertible skirt/dress, so there's definitely extra fabric), so I just folded some of the worst stains (quarter-sized) under other cleaner parts, to minimize the visible damage. But, yikes!

2 comments:

  1. Haaappy birthday! Look at you with your contentedness and optimism. It makes me look crotchety in comparison. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ames, you're being silly. You love what you do, you've got a PhD from an amazing school, and you've got Allen!! :) :) Silly girl. If you're crotchety, what's the rest of us supposed to do with ourselves? :P

    ReplyDelete